Find The IMEI Number Of An Android Phone
1Open the Android Settings menu. You can do this by tapping the Settings app in your App Drawer or by using your phone’s Menu button.
2Tap “About Phone” You may have to scroll to the bottom of the Settings menu to find it.
3Tap “Status”. Scroll down until you find the MEID or IMEI entry. Your phone may have both listed, so verify which one you need by checking what carrier you use. GSM networks like AT&T and T-Mobile use IMEI numbers. CDMA networks such as Sprint, Verizon, and US Cellular use MEID numbers.
4Write down the number. There is no way to copy the number to your phone’s clipboard, so you will need to write or type the number out.
5Find the IMEI/MEID using Google Dashboard. This is Google’s control center that can be accessed from any computer with a web browser. You will need to log in with the Google account associated with your Android phone.
- You can access Google Dashboard by visiting www.google.com/settings/dashboard
- Expand the “Android” section by clicking the “Android” heading.
- Locate your phone in the list. If you have multiple devices associated with your account, all of the devices will be displayed. Find the device that you are trying to retrieve the IMEI/MEID number for.
- Copy the IMEI/MEID. The first entry for your phone should be the IMEI number. Only the IMEI will be displayed, even if your phone uses MEID. If you need the MEID number, ignore the last digit of the IMEI number.
- GSM networks like AT&T and T-Mobile use IMEI numbers. CDMA networks such as Sprint, Verizon, and US Cellular use MEID numbers.